How to Clean Tree Sap and Bird Droppings Off Paint
I saw a brief but very help article the other day by Consumer Reports that discusses how to remove tree sap and/or bird droppings from your car’s paint (FYI – probably works on aircraft, too). Here are the highlights:
- Wash vehicle thoroughly (be sure to sign up for the helpful SUPERBIRD Aircraft Cleaning Guide and/or SUPERBIRD Automotive Cleaning Guide if you haven’t already done so – it’s filled with great and helpful tips!).
- After drying, move vehicle to a shade-covered area.
- Dab rubbing alcohol onto a clean cloth/microfiber towel, then gently dab/rub on sap/bird dropping areas.
- If this doesn’t work, try a specialized tree sap or bug and tar removal cleaning product.
- Once contaminants are removed, rewash affected areas, then apply a coat of SUPERBIRD Paint Sealant to protect the area (rubbing alcohol/bug and tar removal products also remove wax/polish, so you will want to re-treat these spots).